Media & Film
Looking to request Tallahassee photography, video or press trip details? We have you covered. Check out the below or contact Renee Jones at Renee.Jones@VisitTallahassee.com with any questions.
What We Offer
An Affordable 4-Day Florida Road Trip for Nature Lovers
The Sunshine State's abundant natural attractions go far beyond beaches, palm trees and the Everglades.
My Trip To Tallahassee Florida
Queen City Trends
I had a wonderful opportunity to attend a press trip to visit Tallahassee with a few other lifestyle influencers and the Visit Tally team!
Why Tallahassee Needs To Be On Your Radar
Chanel Moving Forward
Spending time in Florida needs to be on everyone’s travel list. It really is the perfect state for every age and walk of life.
My Trip To Tallahassee, FL...
The Dainty Darling
Heading to Florida anytime soon? If you're looking for a different change in scenery, other than the touristy areas of the peninsula, I definitely suggest spending a weekend in the states capital: Tallahassee!
4 Days In Tallahassee
The Beauty Beau
As you all know, I recently got to spend 4 days in a new city, a place in Florida I’ve never been and also the capital city…Tallahassee!
This Charming Florida Town is Both Historic & Hip
Tallahassee is perhaps best known as Florida’s state capital and the home of several major colleges, including Florida State University and its winning football legacy. But it has more to offer than politics and pigskin.
Cycle City: Exploring Tallahassee’s Trail Network
Suddenly, probably when you weren’t looking, Florida’s capital became a cycling and hiking mecca.
Things To Do In Tallahassee: A three Day Itinerary
Life, Family & Fun
Visit Tallahassee for an experience that’s probably more than you imagined.
Watch Candy Canes Come To Be At This Sweet Spot In Tallahassee, Fla.
Every holiday season in this college town, confectioner Greg Cohen cranks out thousands of candy canes the old-fashioned way.
Break out of winter hibernation with outdoor fun in the Sunshine State
As Canadians hibernate through the winter months, Florida takes an ‘Outdoor Everything’ approach to winter, with new and unique experiences for visitors that take full advantage of the mild temperatures at this time of year.
Welcome to Film Tallahassee!
Only in Tallahassee can you find a fully restored 17th century Spanish colonial mission, a collection of Batmobiles, a historic landmark famous for its smoked sausage and grits, a venue on the National Blues Trail and a restaurant that prepares hot dogs 10,230 ways. This is home to expanses of outdoor wilderness, pristine river settings, pioneer structures, streetscapes and neighborhoods with homes and buildings representing the pre-Civil War period through ones with a more contemporary, Southern look and feel as well as some of the state’s most treasured historic sites and the largest collection on antebellum plantations in the U.S. The acclaimed The Film School at Florida State University, located in Tallahassee is one of the top film schools in the nation and has been recognized by the Directors Guild of America for its ‘distinguished contribution to American culture through the world of film and television.
Regardless the scope of the project, Film Tallahassee has the resources that bring your creation to life. The area’s film legacy is as varied as its landscape.
- Tarzan’s Secret Treasure, 1941
- Tarzan’s New York Adventure, 1942
- Creature From the Black Lagoon, 1954
- Night Moves (Gene Hackman), 1975
- Airport (Jack Lemmon), 1977
- Something Wild (Melanie Griffith), 1986
- Ruby in Paradise (Ashley Judd), 1993
- Night Falls on Manhattan (Andy Garcia), 1996
- Ulee’s Gold (Peter Fonda), 1997
- Coastlines (Josh Brolin), 2002
- HBO’s Recount (Kevin Spacey), 2008
If a permit is needed for your production allow 7 – 10 business days for approvals. Approval times vary based on the complexity of your request. Large scale and/or complex production projects (those involving stunts, pyrotechnics, traffic closures, etc.) may require coordination with several city, county or state departments and/or a meeting with the location manager. We do our best to expedite all requests.
A permit is needed if your project:
- Impacts city/county/state property, equipment or facilities, including public property (i.e. sidewalks, highways, etc.);
- Involves production vehicles/crew vehicles parking on the street or right-of-way;
- involves the use of tent or other temporary structure(s);
- involves the use of pyrotechnics, explosives or other incendiary devices;
- involves the display of any firearms or use of gunfire;
- or involves stunts of any kind.
A permit is NOT needed if:
- You are producing a news segment or news feature;
- If your production is taking place in a production studio;
- If your production is taking place on private property and the owner has approved the filming and none of the above-mentioned activities/stunts are taking place;
- If you are taking still shot photography;
- If you are using a handheld camera and no other production equipment.
Four mild-seasons, resulting in pleasant weather year-round. Traditionally, July is the warmest month (averages high of 92* and low of 72*) and January is the coldest month (average high of 63* and low of 39*).
Airport & Flight Accessibility:
Tallahassee Regional Airport (TLH) is conveniently located minutes from the Capitol and downtown area. TLH is served by four major airlines: American, Delta, Silver and US Airways with daily non-stop flights to Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and Washington, D.C.
For information regarding inbound/outbound private aviation services contact Million Air at (850) 574-5671.
Looking for Tallahassee photography or video? Please visit our Image Library to submit your request, and a member of our staff will get in touch with you.