The Free Spirit Itinerary
By Visit Tallahassee
Looking to see the artistic side of Florida’s Capital City? We’ve got you covered with this itinerary for free spirits.
Suggested Dining/Nightlife Options:
- Artistic Eats – Kool Beanz Café
- The menu at Kool Beanz Café is as varied as the artwork on the walls, changing daily based on available local produce from nearby farms and seafood fresh from the Gulf of Mexico.
- Bradfordville Blues Club
- Florida’s first site listed on the Mississippi Blues Trail, the Bradfordville Blues Club (BBC) is a historic, one-room cinder block “juke joint” showcasing an impressive list of nationally renowned Blues acts. The BBC features a different artist every Friday and Saturday evening, while Miss Ernestine fries up catfish for music-goers around the bonfire.
- Enjoy a sweet island cocktail at Waterworks, a throwback to a classic Tiki Bar located in Midtown, serving locals and visitors for nearly 30 years.
- Railroad Square Art Park
- Spend the afternoon drifting from store to store and gallery to gallery at Railroad Square Art Park. With over 70 different galleries, studios, vintage shops, and cafes, there’s no shortage of funky finds.
- LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts
- Tallahassee’s Premier arts organization founded to promote the work of local artists and to preserve Florida’s art heritage. LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts features rotating gallery exhibits, an extensive permanent collection, arts talks and much more.
- Frank Loyd Wright Lewis Spring House
- Built in 1954 for the Lewis family, this is the only Frank Lloyd Wright-designed private residence in Florida. The Frank Loyd Wright Lewis Spring House has a unique “hemicircle” design of concentric and intersecting circles that resemble a boat. Public tours are given on the 2nd Sunday of each month or by appointment only.