With The Family Itinerary
By Visit Tallahassee
Looking to spend a day with your family in Florida’s Capital City?
Stay & Play:
Suggested Dining/Nightlife Options:
- Lofty Pursuits
- Watch candy being made by hand using tools from the 1800s, try some homemade ice cream or sample an old-fashioned malt at Lofty Pursuits soda fountain.
- Momo’s Pizza
- Kids and adults alike love this local pizzeria, serving “slices as big as your head” and home-brewed craft beer. The sudsy creations include Sunburst IPA, Ollie’s Irish Red, Queen’s English Brown Porter, and Blackjack Sweet Stout.
- Tallahassee Museum
- Look at native Florida animals in a natural habitat at the Tallahassee Museum or for even more excitement, soar over cypress swamps on zip lines reaching 60’ off the ground with courses designed for the whole family.
- Wakulla Springs State Park
- Reminiscent of classic Florida vacation spots, Wakulla Springs is home to one of the largest and deepest freshwater springs in the world. Take a dip into the year-round 70 degree waters, or witness wildlife close-up on daily guided riverboat tours where you’re likely to see alligators, turtles, manatees, deer and an abundance of bird species.
- Goodwood Museum & Gardens
- Tour this former plantation home that is set among centuries-old live oaks covered in Spanish moss at Goodwood Museum & Gardens. Kids of all ages can learn about the fascinating people who have lived at this historic home over the years.
- Challenger Learning Center
- Explore outer space at the Challenger Learning Center in a space mission simulator, hands-on exhibits, domed planetarium and the area’s largest IMAX movie screen.
- Midtown Reader
- Get lost in a good book at Midtown Reader. From literary fiction, mysteries, poetry, and science fiction to young adult books, biographies and cookbooks, Midtown Reader carries a selection of new and noteworthy books.
- Hangar 38
- Upscale family entertainment center offering bowling, arcade games, food, and drinks.