Spotlight: Harry Smith Outdoors
Tallahassee born Harry Smith grew up on the banks of Lake Talquin fishing, boating, hiking and camping. Those pastimes ignited a passion that carries on today. Now as owner/guide of Harry Smith Outdoors and ambassador for the state of Florida, Harry takes great joy in showing people the beauty that Tallahassee and the surrounding area has to offer.
Harry’s Recommendations for Visitors
- Favorite Trail: Cathedral of Palms. It’s located along the Florida Trail just south of Tallahassee. For more info, see my blog on visittallahassee.com!
- Selfie Spot: Anywhere within Railroad Square Art District! Plenty of colorful murals throughout with more being added!
- Outdoor Art: Whatever Mother Nature paints for ya! Get outside and enjoy!
- Family Activity: Kayaking with Harry Smith Outdoors of course! Fun for all ages and skill levels. Book your trip today!
- Favorite Place to Listen to Live Music: I always enjoy the sundown summer concert series at Cascades Park. Blanket on the grass and BYOB make for a great date night!
- Happy hour: Railroad Square Craft House. They have an incredible tap selection along with great food, outdoor seating and music.
- Ice Cream: Lofty Pursuits hands down. Take a step back in time and discover much more than ice cream!
- Art Gallery: 621 Art Gallery is a Tallahassee staple. With rotating artists of all sorts of different mediums, 621 will be sure to keep your art appetite full!
- Outdoor Dining Spot: I personally always enjoy The Crum Box Gastgarden. Covered outdoor seating plus Pete, the owner, is a pleasure to chat with, the food is superb, and I look forward to the next Sausagefest, live music and CACAH! Tell him Harry sent ya!
- Must See: Tallahassee and the surrounding area from atop the capitol building! Got to love all the trees!
- Must Do: Tallahassee Museum! Native animals in their natural settings, guest animals, zip line Tree to Tree Adventure courses, art gallery, 1880s farmstead and more! Educational fun for the whole family!
Follow Harry Smith Outdoors on Facebook.
Please visit Harry Smith Outdoors for additional information and more adventures with Harry.