Artist Spotlight - Quia Z Atkinson
Abstract artist and FAMU grad shares her Tallahassee “Must See & Do” list
SPOTLIGHT ON: QZ DESIGN GALLERY • QUIA Z. ATKINSON
Artist Quia Z Atkinson and owner of QZ Design Gallery specializes in luxurious abstract & contemporary art with a focus on mixed media such as resin, glass, and crystals with a three dimensional aspect. She is also experienced in decadent mixed media handmade decor. Her work has been featured by various media outlets including Tampa’s Bay Magazine, Cutting Edge Stencils, Tallahassee’s WTXL Second Cup, on the covers of Tallahassee Woman Magazine (Arts & Culture Issue), Tallahassee Magazine and Limelight cover for Tallahassee Democrat. Her fine art and home decor is available to be seen by appointment at her home gallery.
Quia’s Recommendations for Visitors
- Romantic Restaurant: Il Lusso… You have to try the charred octopus!
- Place to “Lunch”: El Cocinero… The fried avocado tacos are aaaaamazing!
- Place for Happy-Hour: Table 23’s outdoor bar ambience is the best.
- Favorite Trail: Cascades Park 24 acres to enjoy where you can also see Florida’s Prime Meridian marker.
- Selfie Spot: Good Vibes Murals on Railroad Avenue
- Family Activity: Picking blueberries at Jubilee Orchards (seasonal)
- Favorite Piece of Public Art: Kollet’s “Greetings From Tallahassee” mural in Railroad Square in which she highlighted some of my artwork in the last “E”! Honored!
- Must See: FAMU Marching band
- Must Do: Tree to Tree Adventures at The Tallahassee Museum… Like flying over a painting
To learn more about Quia visit QZdesigngallery.com!