Artist Profile: QUIA Z. ATKINSON
Abstract artist and FAMU grad shares her Tallahassee “Must See & Do” list
SPOTLIGHT ON: QZ DESIGN GALLERY QUIA Z. ATKINSON
Artist Quia Z Atkinson and owner of QZ Design Gallery specializes in modern abstract & contemporary art with focus on resin, mixed media, glass and contemporary art. She is also experienced in decadent mixed media handmade decor, her work has been featured by Cutting Edge Stencils, a company specializing in high-quality decorative stencils, she has been featured on Tallahassee’s WTXL Second Cup and was also featured on the cover of Tallahassee Woman Magazine (Arts & Culture Issue) and Tallahassee Democrat. Her work can currently be seen on display at the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Foundation and at Kitschy Wearable Art (Studio & Boutique) in Tallahassee.
Quia’s Recommendations for Visitors
- Romantic Restaurant: Il Lusso… You have to try the charred octopus!
- Place to “Lunch”: El Cocinero… The fried avocado tacos are aaaaamazing!
- Place for Happy-Hour: Table 23’s outdoor bar ambience is the best.
- Favorite Trail: Cascades Park 24 acres to enjoy where you can also see Florida’s Prime Meridian marker.
- Selfie Spot: Good Vibes Murals on Railroad Avenue
- Family Activity: Picking blueberries at Jubilee Orchards (seasonal)
- Favorite Piece of Public Art: Kollet’s new “Greetings From Tallahassee” mural in Railroad Square in which she highlighted some of my artwork in the last “E”! Honored!
- Must See: FAMU Marching band
- Must Do: Tree to Tree Adventures at The Tallahassee Museum… Like flying over a painting
To learn more about Quia visit QZdesigngallery.com!
Please visit COCA for additional information and exhibit listings for Quia.