Gadsden Arts @ Home Virtual Museum Programming
5 ways to Enjoy Art #MuseumFromHome
Dear Gadsden Arts Patrons,
While Gadsden Arts is closed to support social distancing efforts, we are producing virtual art-making activities, exhibition tours, art talks, and more; and sharing resources from around the world to bring the exciting, enlightening, and healing power of art to you at home.
Keep an eye out for new activities and resources via weekly emails, our Facebook page and website.
Peace and good health to you and your family,
The Gadsden Arts Team
#1 Watch our Video about Rick Seguso’s Current Exhibition
#2 Make Art@Home
Create Your Own Nature Crayon Rubbing
You’ll need leaves, peeled crayons, and paper. Steps:
1. Collect leaves and flowers in your yard.
2. Place leaves under a piece of paper, holding both as still as possible.
3. Rub the long side of a peeled crayon across the paper to reveal the texture of the leaf or flower!
4. You can also try placing your paper against a tree trunk, bricks, or other interesting textures around your house, and rubbing the crayon on your paper to reveal the texture!
5. Overlap textures and colors across the whole page, and add drawing if you’d like- sign your name to finish your masterpiece.
#3 Browse our Collection Online: https://gadsdenarts.org/collection
#4 Browse Former Exhibition Tours
Have you seen the video tours for From the Cedar Chest or Art as Social Commentary? If not check them out!